Associate Director, Product Management, Marketplace & Machine Learning
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Product Manager for Machine Learning and Marketplace is responsible for ensuring that we are able to use Machine Learning effectively to drive competitive differentiation for PubMatic and drive key business outcomes in areas like platform efficiency, buyer ROI, publisher yield and growth verticals like Video/CTV/Mobile app. This role is also responsible for ensuring optimal auction dynamics and solving for buyer ROI.
Ideal candidate for this role would be strongly data driven in terms of decision making, understands how machine learning and data science capabilities can be leveraged to drive outsized business outcomes, is very comfortable with ambiguity and has a methodical approach to resolving ambiguity. Also, they should be comfortable brainstorming with Data Scientists and Engineers on how different approaches could work and guide the experimentation in a way that is aligned with business goals.
- Own vision, strategy and roadmap for PubMatic’s Machine Learning & Marketplace solutions and help grow our business by focusing on areas like platform efficiency, advertiser ROI, Supply Path Optimization and DSP efficiency
- Evaluate opportunity size and business impact of potential ideas in order to figure out relative priority of the problems we want to solve
- Research, refine, and document product requirements as well as clearly articulate success criteria with due inputs from relevant stakeholders
- Articulate vision, strategy and business impact of various initiatives to get buy-in from other product, engineering and business teams who would need to provide support in executing product strategy
- Work with Machine Learning and Ad Server team to carry out proof of concepts, analysis and build high quality and scalable solutions while understanding the underlying technologies & trade-offs needed
- Support adoption of new solutions by closely working with customers and our business team and figuring out ways to scale our offerings
- Support engineering team to help them understand various business aspects of the problem that we are trying to solve and influence the analysis work to optimize the effort required by collaboratively figuring out areas to focus on
- Figure out reporting requirements for various solutions and how they will evolve during life cycle of the particular solution
- Work with Product Marketing / business teams to create positioning for our solutions and support go to market efforts and sales enablement
- 4+ year experience in product management
- Strongly data driven and highly analytical
- Experience in programmatic advertising landscape (RTB, PMP, SSPs, DSPs)
- Deep understanding of programmatic ad-tech ecosystem
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Experience in building and managing products from ideation to launch working with a remote engineering team.
- Deep knowledge of product development dynamics and go-to-market tactics.
- Comfortable with agile product development and collaborating with multiple teams to deliver product features that are dependent on other product teams
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.