Senior Manager, FP&A - Capex/Opex
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation.. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is immediately hiring an experienced Senior Manager, FP&A to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team in Redwood City (when we eventually return to the office).
The Senior Manager, FP&A is responsible for partnering with functional leaders across the organization and support our rapidly growing organization. This position reports to the VP of FP&A and will support PubMatic’s financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analyses efforts for the Datacenter, Technology & Development, Sales & Marketing, and G&A organizations.
The Senior Manger, FP&A will perform crucial budgeting, forecasting, and analysis to support the company’s financial health and business strategy. This position is responsible for aggregating data and turning it into information to assist in the decision-making process, and will manage a senior analyst.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset and experience driving business process improvement. In addition, they will have the ability and confidence to work cross functionally, understand and communicate complex concepts, bring business insights, drive change, and produce tangible results. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their work, a fast learner, hardworking, organized, detail-oriented, and ready to make a big impact.
- Help drive the Monthly and Quarterly Forecast and Annual Strategic Planning Process
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Partner directly with the Datacenter team to forecast data center capacity and Capex investments
- Assist in all activities leading up to PubMatic’s quarterly Earnings Calls
- Support business partners with crucial financial metrics and key business analyses
- Prepare executive-grade management reporting (Board of Director presentations, monthly Leadership Team meetings), summarizing findings and recommendations
- Lead Process Improvement in relation to weekly/monthly/quarterly key FP&A deliverables and
- Partner with Accounting to perform month-end close activities and help drive process improvements and efficiencies in close process
- Work on special ad hoc projects to support senior management and other departments
- 6 - 8 years of relevant public and/or private company experience in FP&A and/or, strategic finance and operational reporting, preferably in Digital Advertising, eCommerce or Enterprise SaaS sectors
- Strong financial and operational planning skills
- Proven experience and knowledge of accounting concepts and financial statement construction
- Hands-on, creative approach to financial modeling and building business decision support tools
- Experience with large data set manipulation
- Ability to multi-task effectively while working with cross functional stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Positive attitude and interest to learn new things
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, index match, nested statements), Word, and PowerPoint
- Large data manipulation highly desirable
- Experience with financial systems such as NetSuite, Adaptive Planning (preferred), Hyperion, Oracle, SAP
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.