Director of Publisher Development - Video
- 82 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 3SP, UK
- Employees can work remotely
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Director of Publisher Development - Video is responsible for driving revenue growth via new Video publisher acquisition, client retention and upselling to current publishers.
As a senior member of PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies and other comScore top 500 publishers. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long term video relationships.
The best candidates will have strong video publisher relationships, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real time video monetization. They will have knowledge and understanding about the full marketplace in terms of the new world of TV & Video.
You will be familiar with video and TV sales and excel in selling complex or technical products.
- Work with the Sales leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Developing a video publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Evangelize and Presenting PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participating in industry events and assist in developing PubMatic’s market presence
- Previous sales or business development experience in a video focussed business with experience working with video publishers and In-App video developers
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models and ad optimization
- Strong set of existing relationships with video and mobile video companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level conversations
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- A self-starter with an ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced start up environment
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus