Optimization and Algorithms Specialist (C, Unix/Linux)
- Chennai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for an Optimization and Algorithms Specialist, who can design and implement next generation highly scalable and low latency ad server features at scale of 100 billion+ requests per day in our AD Server.
If you get excited building applications and architecture to handle 100's of billions of requests per day, managing millions of requests per second with a creative and fast-paced work environment, competitive pay, great incentives, culture of teamwork, smart and friendly colleagues and plenty of opportunity to grow in your career then you should consider applying for this position
Job Location: Mumbai
- Working experience in C, Linux/UNIX environment. Good to have experience on GO language.
- Working knowledge of scripting Perl/Python/Shell.
- Working knowledge on how web works, HTTP protocol, cookies, caching, DNS, CDNs, etc.
- Working experience in databases, preferably MySQL.
- Troubleshoot any issues with existing features, live on production.
- Understand end-to-end product functionality.
- Excellent understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in software design and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to self direct and work independently.
- BE/ME/M.Tech/BCS/MCS/BCS/MCA in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Both written & verbal communication should be good.
- Ready to work in rotational shifts with staggered offs.
- Able to learn & come up the learning curve quickly.
- Able to deliver on time & accurately.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.