Principal Software Engineer - Java
- Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
Resource will be directly involved with building groundbreaking new technologies to leapfrog competition within our competitive, fast-paced online advertising industry. The Principal Software engineer will be working on set of micro-services which would have high transaction per second and will be responsible to build and own large components of the system. We are looking for self-motivated developers who enjoy working in dynamic, agile development environments as an individual contributor in the team.
- He / She will be responsible for developing software modules for various parts of the system architecture.
- Understand system architecture and design.
- Design systems and solution for a high scale environment.
- To develop portable, high performance, and bug-free code.
- Develop and mentor other team members for delivering high quality code and best practices.
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
- 5 to 10 years of product development experience in Java
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with building highly scalable application using Core Java and Data structures
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is mandatory
- Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
- Experience with SQL and Java optimization for real-time systems
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Experience in trouble shooting production applications
- BE/B.Tech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Core Java, Data Structures, Web Services, RDBMS like MySQL/Oracle, Spring, and Hibernate Framework
Good to Have:
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.