Linux Administrator -IT Technician (Manassas, VA)
- Historic District, 11680 Hayden Rd, Manassas, VA 20109, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PubMatic is immediately hiring an experienced contract Linux Administrator to join us in Manassas, VA.
This person plays a critical role in supporting our Manassas, VA data center, hardware troubleshooting, Linux administration and network support.
- Run/install ethernet and fiber optic cable
- Imaging and racking the new servers
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies with barcode scanners and associated software tools
- Tracking and maintaining spare parts
- Recognize and swap-out key broken or damaged parts
- Hardware troubleshooting and replacing the failed parts
- RMA for all failed hardware and handling those logistics
- Packaging and shipping of hardware as needed
- Inventory Management
- Hardware Benchmarking
- Handling the new projects (sizing, burning and testing hardware)
- Follow published process for handling tapes and other media
- Maintain images & perform remote installations
- 3 - 5 years of prior data center support experience
- Active Driver's License, car and the ability for local travel, if needed
- 3+ years of hardware troubleshooting experience
- 3+ years of linux experience at the command line with Linux/Unix to check server hardware and troubleshoot issues
- 1+ years of racking, stacking and cabling experience
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 lbs of equipment as required. Ability to exert yourself physically over extended periods of time, including frequent bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing/pulling and lifting
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including working weekends, holidays and on shift-based schedules as required
- Ability to write and speak fluent English
- Certifications – A+, CCNA, Linux (LPIC or Red Hat)
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and execute on written processes
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in a skilled production, manufacturing, or assembly (non-technical) field
- Ability to perform component level-replacements on equipment
- Associates Degree (AA)
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.