SOX and Technical Accounting Lead / Manager
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers.
PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an experienced SOX and Technical Accounting Lead or Manager to join our growing Finance team in Redwood City (when we eventually return to the office).
Reporting to the Technical Accounting + Reporting Manager, this key hire will be responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements, including scope setting, implementation of updated controls, and assist in periodic financial filings with SEC.
In this role, you will focus on capturing and maintaining the appropriate level of SOX documentation and will partner with internal and external teams in the planning and execution of the Company’s SOX compliance testing program and financial filings, including Form 10-K, 10Qs and 8-Ks with SEC.
What You Will Do:
- Lead section 404B implementation and ongoing SOX controls process including but not limited to scope review, process documentation, identification and evaluation of the effectiveness of key internal controls, control issues and assessment and remediation of deficiencies
- Develop and monitor annual audit plans and schedules, using a risk-based approach, prepared by external consultants
- Ensure appropriateness of internal control documentation for financial processes, including planning documents, narratives, process maps, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
- Proactively identify and communicate findings on key risk areas and propose pragmatic recommendations to management; track the remediation and closure of findings
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the management teams of all major functional areas as well as external auditor, ensuring a holistic understanding of key risks and processes of the organization
- Coordinate with the company’s external auditors and consultants to appropriately leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work
- Support external reporting as needed, assist with drafting SEC registration statements, GAAP disclosure checklists, and supporting schedules as needed
- Stay up to date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- CPA, CIA, or other relevant professional certification
- A deep understanding of GAAP, SEC regulations, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB auditing standards and experienced in the use of auditing and risk assessment frameworks
- 5+ years of Sarbanes-Oxley audit experience (internal audit, external audit, or management) in technology industries
- Strong understanding of financial risks of fraud and error and their overall impact to financial control environments
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Contribute to a positive team attitude in a collaborative working environment
- Working knowledge of IT general control concepts, frameworks and standards
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.