Principal Software Engineer (C,Linux/Unix,Cloud)
- ., Bangalore, Karnataka, India
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for engineers, who can design and implement next generation highly scalable and low latency ad server features at scale of 200 billion+ requests per day in our AD Server.
If you get excited building applications and architecture to handle 100's of billions of requests per day, managing millions of requests per second with a creative and fast-paced work environment, competitive pay, great incentives, culture of teamwork, smart and friendly colleagues and plenty of opportunity to grow in your career then you should consider applying for this position.
Skills required :
- Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing. A solid knowledge in the principles of computer science is desired.
- Good experience on software design and architecture.
- Good experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
- Ability to find optimal solutions and innovative ideas.
- Excellent experience in C/C++, Linux/UNIX environment. Good to have experience on GO language.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of OS and working experience on system programming (multi-threading, multi-processing, memory management)
- Troubleshoot any issues with existing features, live on production.
- Ability to write clean, modular and loosely coupled code
- Ability to understand end-to-end product functionality.
- Working knowledge of scripting Perl/Python/Shell.
- Working experience in databases, preferably MySQL.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Research, learn, design and build highly reliable, available and scalable platforms.
- Use best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work
- Demonstrated ability to self direct and work independently.
- Demonstrate work ownership and focus to do deliver on time.
- Be the owner of one or more functionality module and point of contact for it.
- Perform code and design reviews for code implemented by peers or as per the code review process.
- Work with teams to achieve desired goals.
- Demonstrate timely and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to go extra-mile to achieve greater results
- BE/ME/M.Tech/BCS/MCS/BCS/MCA in Computer Science or equivalent.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.