UX Design Director
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring a UX Design Director to join our growing team in New York.
As a UX Design Director, you will lead and build the design team to design the future of PubMatic and Adtech. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You will be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
In this role, you will work with product managers to identify and set product strategies, design simple solutions for complex UX ecosystems and inspire team members to push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience design across the PubMatic products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Advocate for excellent product design practices and bring a deep level of subject matter expertise to the team
- Proactively learn other product areas to help your UX Designers propose design solutions that work for multiple use cases and scenarios across the product
- Proactively identify large, strategic UX opportunities within the various platforms and the product as a whole. Work with Product Design Managers to drive cross-product initiatives
- Evangelize the value of UX to cross-functional team members, and influence the Product Managers you support to prioritize UX initiatives
- Champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements, while also participating alongside them.
- Hire and retain a world-class team of UX Designers
- Hold regular 1:1s with every member of your team, and create Individual Growth Plans with monthly check-ins
- Guide teams to understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and guiding direct reports to do the same
- Play a part in the evolution of our design culture as we take the next steps in expansion
- Work with your team to build and own the experience of the PubMatic Design System.
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design.
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.