- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers.
PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an experienced Tax Manager to join our Finance team in Redwood City (when we eventually return to the office).
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Tax Manager will help scale our rapid growth to meet PubMatic's goals. This key contributor will work in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment to meet our tax deadlines and objectives.
- Manage all aspect of the tax compliance process by collaborating with our external service provider on the preparation of our Federal and state corporate income tax returns ensuring all information requests are compiled timely and returns are filed timely and accurately.
- Prepare and manage all US indirect tax filings including but not limited to sales/use tax returns, gross receipt returns, and property tax returns.
- Work closely with the international accountants and our external service provider to ensure all foreign local country tax filings are completed timely and any issues are identified, communicated and resolved.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching and recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with our external service provider in the preparation of the quarterly and annual worldwide tax provision calculation and financial statement disclosures.
- Perform monthly tax account reconciliation and prepare journal entry for posting.
- Research, document and respond to tax notices to ensure timely resolution of the matter.
- Perform tax research and draft memorandum to document the facts, issues, tax laws, and conclusion.
- Provide tax advisory and consultation to our business partners in Accounting, Legal, and other cross functional teams on tax implications of their day-to-day activities.
- Assist with merger and acquisition activities including but not limited to tax planning, tax due diligence, and post-merger and acquisition tax integration.
- Assist with assessing and implementing tax technology solutions that will increase the efficiency of the tax function.
- Assist with tax audits
- Assist with ad hoc tax projects
- Continue to develop, refine and improve tax processes and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- Master’s degree in Taxation, J.D., and/or CPA is strongly preferred
- 5+ years tax relevant experience in a public accounting firm and/or within the tax function of a multinational company
- Extensive experience in managing multi-state tax compliance process
- Excellent tax technical research skills
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Netsuite and Avalara is a plus
- Proficient with RIA Checkpoint for tax research
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with teams from different functions and individual at various levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle competing deadlines without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize efficiently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented while seeing the “big picture” of the task at hand
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.