Lead UX Designer
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
As a Lead UX Designer, you help define and drive the future of PubMatic design. You work with product managers to identify and set product strategy, design simple solutions for complex UX ecosystems and inspire team members to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As part of the User Experience team, you’ll be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, product management to bring it to life. You will utilize a full range of skills including, user research, wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design to bring these experiences to life. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of publishers, advertisers, and brand-owners alike.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- You have a proven track record of being an effective and creative problem solver
- Experience creating design system for shipped cross-platform products
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience designing for enterprise software a plus
- Experience working with stakeholders in international time zones (US, Europe, India)
- UX Basics + Process
- You have a deep understanding and experience in leading user-centered design methods and best practices - and you're always looking to improve on your process.
- You know design patterns like the back of your hand, and can help build and maintain a cohesive visual language.
- You are a strategic thinker and a deliberate designer. You can quickly materialize your thoughts by creating experience architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful.
- You are comfortable presenting your work to all audiences, including executives, and influential in approach.
- You can prioritize, plan and deliver designs on time. You’ll help the rest of the team do the same.
- You are comfortable leading multiple product areas and regularly provide end-to-end direction across the product.
- You are an advocate and a diplomat for design excellence. You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately.
- You have experience using quantitative data, qualitative feedback, user research, competitive analysis and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- You gain insight through talking to users and strive to know the clients we are designing for.
- You use insightful research and metrics to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment.
- You collaborate well with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements.
- Experience leading multiple product areas at once.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
- Values teamwork, and can give and solicit feedback from other teammates in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- You can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- B2B and AdTech experience
- Knowledge in using Pendo, Google analytics or similar behavioral analytics tools.
- Experience in UX copy writing: ability to devise and implement a UX editorial strategy.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.