NOC System Engineer - Lead
- Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Data Center
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
L1 NOC [Network Operation Centre] Lead would be responsible to Lead NOC L1 Team operations 24x7x365 support coverage which includes monitoring, handling P1 and P2 issues, highlighting risks, L1 issues, reporting stability metrics, managing shift roster etc. He/ She would be contributing to customer facing functions to help ensure the stable operation. You are highly motivated, disciplined, dedicated to making a positive difference, obsessed with customer success, driven to provide an extraordinary customer experience, able and willing to assist and help other team members reach their highest potential
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead a team of L1 engineers to support our global infrastructure services using monitoring & control systems on a 24 x 7 basis.
• Drive industry best practice process compliance, consistency and advocacy across the team as well as the entire Operations organization to drive continual service improvements.
• Work with the business to develop, enforce and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
• Act as systems champion within NOC operations providing expertise to Customer Operations and Infrastructure Operations functions.
• Responsible for the effective coordination of L1 Operations and Infrastructure Operations escalations to necessary audience.
• Responsible for the effective interaction with multiple team ensuring close coordination and clear communications.
• Proactive monitoring and analysis of service delivery systems (working with different system owners) to detect potential issues.
• Responsible for managing the P1 and P2 issues effectively
• Handling daily reports sent to business stake holders and make sure that reporting is correct.
• Provide exceptional customer support and serve as the main point-of-contact and facilitate all communications between within and outside the team functions.
• He should have knowledge of monitoring tools such as Grafana, Nagios, cacti etc.
• Ensure all events are properly documented, escalated and reported. Initiate timely
• Technical and management escalation as required
• 8-10+ years System Administration experience with Linux.
• Ability to gather, organize, and analyse large amounts of data with speed and accuracy as well as detect relationships and make decisions using sound methodical judgment
• Effective time management skills, takes initiative in the absence of direction and exercises independent judgment without constant supervision.
• Ability to multitask by managing, tracking, and resolving multiple issues simultaneously
• Excellent written, verbal and electronic communications skills necessary to manage the high volume of calls and email involving highly technical issues
• Excellent team player
• Demonstrates effective intercultural awareness
• Excellent presentation & communication skills (written / oral)
• Knowledge of automation tools such as chef, puppet, ansible
• Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
• Well organised, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines. Research and make recommendations on server system administration
Relevant experience – 4-6 years of managing the NOC operations
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
• Relevant certifications preferred - RHCE, , ITIL
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.