- Aundh, Pune, India
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The Database Administrator will participate in the design, implementation, optimization and ongoing administration of our current MySQL and Hadoop infrastructure and operations. Our DBA team works hard to deliver top-notch support for all of the PubMatic’ s MySQL and big data functionality, scalability, availability, performance and reliability for both in-house and on-the-cloud deployments.
You will work with people, technical and non-technical alike, to understand their database needs and to help them understand what they're really trying to achieve. You're a company resource, providing best practices, guidelines, and feedback on internal tools working with MySQL. You have your finger on the pulse of the cluster, understanding when it is not working right and diving in to diagnose the problem before it becomes systemic.
- Review/deploy data-manipulation (DML) and data-definition (DDL) changes to support application releases.
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical database production issues and drive escalation/resolution of problems.
- Work with developers to design and optimize complex SQL queries and Hbase Queries.
- Take the lead in ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Work with the data platform team to optimize cluster usage and ensure timely execution of business-critical workloads.
- Perform routine cluster maintenance, such as provisioning new nodes and performing HDFS backups and restores.
- Work with the DevOPS and Data Infrastructure teams to identify areas of the Hadoop infrastructure that can be improved.
- Setup and maintain master-slave replication topologies for high-availability and write/read scaling.
- Develop and maintain database and Hadoop monitoring tools and automation systems.
- Database performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Redesign schemas, indexing and overall architecture.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and management of Hadoop Clusters.
- Experience in understanding and managing Hadoop Log Files.
- Linux system administration and shell programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning.
- Experience in setting up automated monitoring on Hadoop Cluster using Nagios or Gangalia.
- Provide guidance and training to other functional groups.
- Write scripts using Bash/Python/Ruby to automate manual administrative tasks.
- Monitor performance and tune databases to optimize for different workloads.
- Maintain backups and perform point-in-time restorations.
- Minimum of 8 to 12+ years’ experience in administering MySQL v5.1/5.5/5.6/5.7/8.x Servers.
- MySQL Server Installation, Upgrades, Migrations and Configuration.
- Expertise and experience with clustering solutions for High Availability.
- Advanced knowledge on InnoDB storage engine.
- Expert knowledge of Performance Schema.
- Knowledge and expertise on GR cluster, ProxySQL and operating systems.
- Knowledge and expertise on HA solutions and strategies.
- Experience in Disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Knows Proxysql usage as it relates to MySQL.
- Good scripting skills (Bash/Python) and well-versed with Linux systems.
- Understand automation concept to speed up the work: Ansible.
- Knows how to optimise queries/schema.
- Deep understanding of replication setup and replication related issues.
- Complete understanding of backups, restores, recovery, database maintenance operations.
- Experience in Percona tools is advantage.
- Advanced understanding of Linux OS.
- Deep understanding of monitoring requirement to catch the related issues.
- Experience in Index/Jobs fine tuning and query optimisations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve MySQL server and replication issues of any complexity.
- Perform technical work that requires planning and scheduling to ensure the best possible solution is delivered on time.
- React on incidents and provide solutions aiming at maintained environments' improvements.
- Should have experience & ability to work with various teams to resolve DB/architecture issues.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where we are responsible for most critical systems.
- Mentor and guide other more junior DBAs, help your teams succeed.
- Self-starter and able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction.
- Knowledge of data quality, data management and security best practices.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take ownership; to anticipate and handle critical situations.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, but flexible and collaborative work environment.
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3+ years administering Hadoop infrastructure.
- Horton/ Cloudera Hadoop Administrator certifications.
- Working experience in large enterprise environment.
- BE/ME/M.Tech/BCS/MCS/BCS/MCA in Computer Science or equivalent
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.