UX Design Director
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Department: Development: Technical Escalations
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
PubMatic is hiring a UX Design Director to join our growing team in New York.
As a UX Design Director, you will lead and build the design team to design the future of PubMatic and Adtech. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You will be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
In this role, you will work with product managers to identify and set product strategies, design simple solutions for complex UX ecosystems and inspire team members to push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience design across the PubMatic products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Advocate for excellent product design practices and bring a deep level of subject matter expertise to the team
- Proactively learn other product areas to help your UX Designers propose design solutions that work for multiple use cases and scenarios across the product
- Proactively identify large, strategic UX opportunities within the various platforms and the product as a whole. Work with Product Design Managers to drive cross-product initiatives
- Evangelize the value of UX to cross-functional team members, and influence the Product Managers you support to prioritize UX initiatives
- Champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements, while also participating alongside them.
- Hire and retain a world-class team of UX Designers
- Hold regular 1:1s with every member of your team, and create Individual Growth Plans with monthly check-ins
- Guide teams to understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and guiding direct reports to do the same
- Play a part in the evolution of our design culture as we take the next steps in expansion
- Work with your team to build and own the experience of the PubMatic Design System.
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design.
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.