Product Manager, Identity
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Department: Product: Project Management
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
The Product Manager, Identity is responsible for supporting and executing on Identity product strategy that enables us to lead in a programmatic future where third party cookies and device IDs do not exist.
The successful candidate will have a strong product management portfolio of successful products and a deep understanding of the role that Identity, data and audience play in the programmatic market. They would be well versed with challenges and opportunities in ad-tech space that comes with loss of third party cookies and device IDs. They have a good appreciation of how various industry forums are approaching this challenge and understand various solutions to solve for cookie-less future as well as trade-offs associated with those solutions.
They will have a full spectrum of product skills including evangelizing their product internally and in market, assessing competition, defining vision, collaborating with engineering, operations and marketing to develop product and the successful delivery and adoption of platforms.
They are comfortable collaborating in various industry forums like IAB or Prebid and can articulate their point of view very well. Most importantly, they should be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible enough to change their direction when new information mandates that. They are passionate, motivated, self-starters and are obsessed towards making a difference.
- As a member of the product management team, you will be responsible for creating the product vision, strategy, design and execution of your area of the product portfolio.
- Be the authority on how buyers and sellers transact and use identity / audience /contextual data across digital advertising formats in the advertising industry.
- Understand privacy and protection compliance, its evolution in various global regions and how that informs our Identity solutions.
- Develop frameworks and strategies to analyze competitive landscape, potential data partnerships and opportunities
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solutions to market on time and within budget
- Develop and communicate a clear product roadmap to clients, internal teams, and company executives and board members
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Understand and educate marketing and buy and sell side teams on the landscape, key factors, key indicators and how we will take advantage of them.
- Participate in industry forums like IAB or Prebid and collaborate with industry stakeholders to drive standards / solutions that help push the industry forward.
- 2+ years of product management and/or technical experience in digital publishing, adtech or media buying
- 2+ years recent experience in the audience and data space per digital media across mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices
- Extensive grasp of the challenges associated with loss of cookies/device IDs and high level technical understanding of various solutions/approaches to solve for this, how publishers/marketers use first vs. third party data, growth trends and likely market changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership track record
- Autonomous learner, curious problem solver and team player
- Self-starter and obsessed towards making a positive difference
- Ability to sell in close concert with sales people and solutions engineers to a diversity of clients.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and flexible to change the direction based on new information
- Prior experience participating in some industry bodies / standard setting bodies
- Exceptional client communication and interaction skills, including the ability to communicate with client and business teams to gather and validate requirements.
- Position will require some domestic and international travel
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.