Senior Network Engineer - Infrastructure
- Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Data Center
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands.
Our data centers need a Senior Network Engineer to manage and support them. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for network implementations, monitoring, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. This role is based out of Pune, India and the position may require some travel to Data Centers on the US east coast, US west coast as well as in EMEA and APAC.
- Architect, design, deploy, document, and manage our private Cloud-based network infrastructure. This includes all ingress and egress, both internal and external. Learn and continue to foster an understanding of the long-term needs of our infrastructure.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks.
- Configure BGP transit and private peering.
- Configure and manage OSPF routing.
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits.
- Complete Project execution, build entire network Infrastructure from scratch.
- Produce professional documentation and diagrams to clearly and concisely communicate concepts and architectures to infrastructure colleagues, in addition to our internal users.
- Coordinate various network activities with Infra and various Data Center remote supports.
- Hand Manage and assist in the resolution of complicated technical problems and incidents, provide appropriate communication and escalation. Understand how to engage with other engineers where necessary.
- Work closely with ISP and various Network service providers.
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed.
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth.
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (Domestic or International).
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities.
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs).
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance.
- Research new tools and network technologies.
- Support and maintain our current infrastructure offerings to maintain a high level of service and availability to the rest of the organization.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the rest of the infrastructure organization, Security, IT, business partners, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Keep up to date with current developments and best practices within our domain and make bold and forward-looking recommendations.
- Possibility of travel to data centers (10-15% per year).
- Working on shift as per company policy and team requirement.
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed.
- 6 years with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering.
- 6 years’ experience with Juniper Enterprise or Service Provider Routers and TOR EX switches.
- 6 years’ experience with 10G, 40G, LACP, MPLS, SFP (+), single-mode/multi-mode fiber.
- 6 years’ experience with network-based ACL’s, policy-based routing, VPN, and firewall management.
- 6 years’ experience with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching.
- 5+ years’ experience with Fortinet and ASA firewalls.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience on network gears (switches; routers; firewalls; load balancer) including cabling and other physical activities.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication.
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark).
- Works well with a diverse team.
- Has experience working in an environment that has a global data center footprint.
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments.
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking, and cabling of network equipment as needed.
- Needs to be a go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- JNCIE/CCIE or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack
- Operational experience with flow-based technologies.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.