Employment Counsel / Sr. Employment Counsel
- 601 Marshall St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers.
PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We are immediately hiring a strong Employment Counsel / Sr. Employment Counsel to join our growing legal team in Redwood City on a hybrid schedule (when we eventually return to the office).
Reporting directly to the Director, Assistant General Counsel, you will support employment needs across our company. The ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable for working closely with stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Advise HR on employment matters globally, with experience in California and New York in particular, including leave laws in the US and internationally, performance management, terminations, and compensation and benefits, with experience in pay-for-performance programs preferred
- Draft and update employment agreement templates; prepare complex offers and separation agreements; help create and implement employment-related policies; assist HR team with employment-related training and compliance; advise on return-to-work protocols amidst COVID pandemic
- Advise on international and domestic recruitment and employee relocations
- Handle employment litigation and legal aspects of investigations, performance management, coaching and terminations
- Collaborate with HR, tax and privacy partners globally on employment and compliance matters
- Support HR in decision making; and provide assistance as needed on HR initiatives such as handbooks, compliance and DEI
- Work with Senior Counsel, Immigration to provide immigration-related support such as preparing filings and consulting with employees
- Work with equity, privacy and immigration colleagues within the Legal group as needed to troubleshoot issues and support company initiatives
- Stay abreast of local, state and federal employment law requirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Potentially expand into other areas of interest (leases and facilities support, HR procurement contracts, privacy, etc.
- Low ego; willing to pitch in; can dig in and figure out the answer; owns up to mistakes as a part of doing business; can mediate conflict; a good citizen: views legal role as a bridge between other business groups within the company
- Practical; goal oriented; able to prioritize issues; responsive
- Comfortable with driving and owning the employment function at PubMatic as the subject matter expert but also flexible enough to adapt to best practices and cultural preferences at the company
- 3 > 8 years of total experience
- Prior law firm experience required
- JD - licensed to practice with a preference for CA or NY bar
- Prior in-house experience with high growth, global tech companies
- Both U.S. and International employment experience
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.