Privacy Counsel / Senior Privacy Counsel
- 601 Marshall St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Department: Legal
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers.
PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for a whip-smart privacy and product attorney as Privacy Counsel / Senior Privacy Counsel (title depending on experience) to join our growing legal team on a hybrid schedule in Redwood City (once it’s safe to return to the office again).
You'll work hand-in-hand together on cutting edge privacy matters related to PubMatic’s platform, products and services. This includes policy related work, participating in industry association working groups, and staying abreast of ever-changing data protection and privacy regulations globally.
You will also support our internal product teams providing product counseling, licensing, and other regulatory advice. This role is primarily a privacy attorney who assists with product, not the other way around. Hopefully, you will be able to teach our General Counsel a thing or two about privacy.
- Ensure PubMatic’s compliance with the EU GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, CCPA, CPRA, COPPA, CDPA, CPA, VPPA, and an ever-evolving patchwork of global data protection and privacy laws such as the PDPA and LGPD.
- Oversee policy work related to privacy, including industry leadership in IAB, NAI, DAA, and PRAM working groups, lobbying regulators and legislators, and drafting position papers and contract templates in working groups
- Build privacy compliance program outside of technical implementation of the IAB CCPA Framework/LSPA and IAB TCF 2.0
- Assist product teams with privacy reviews, open licensing matters, regulatory issues, and privacy/security by design
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes and corporate governance.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of a state bar (CA and NY preferred)
- 4-8 years of relevant experience (law firm and in house)
- Strong data protection and privacy experience, in depth knowledge of the GDPR, ePD, CCPA, CPRA, COPPA, VPPA, and other statutes
- Product counseling in a technology company preferred
- Ability to design and implement privacy compliance programs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
- Sense of humor preferred
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.