Commercial Counsel / Senior Commercial Counsel
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers.
PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We are immediately hiring an innovative and conscientious Commercial Counsel / Senior Commercial Counsel to join our growing legal team in New York on a hybrid schedule (when we eventually return to the office).
Reporting directly to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will work with a team of lawyers to support procurement and commercial deals across our company, including marketing, HR, IT, sales, and more. The ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable enough to learn new practice areas under the supervision of the Senior Counsel as desired.
- Contract/commercial: drafting, negotiation and advising the company’s marketing, business development, vendor, independent contractor, technology, data, sales and licensing activities in coordination with internal colleagues and business teams around the world
- Proactively manage commercial and legal risks in the digital media/ad tech industry while still getting business done
- Provide legal and strategic business advice and support across a broad spectrum of internal functions, including Operations, Marketing and HR
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form contracts and legal processes
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of the NY/CA bar
- 4-8 years of relevant experience (law firm and in house); law firm experience required; in house experience in advertising, technology, ad tech, data, or media company is a plus
- Strong contract/commercial experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues, data licensing concepts, and ability to issue spot for business risks
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively (internally and externally) and close transactions efficiently
- Great business, risk, and legal judgment and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
- Sense of humor preferred
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.