- Aundh, Pune, India
- Department: General Product
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The Program Management team at PubMatic fuels the prioritization and execution of corporate strategies. Members of the Program Management team lead critical, cross-functional, and complex initiatives to completion by ensuring that geographically distributed teams execute seamlessly.
- The Program Manager role will report directly to the Head of PMO and will bear extreme importance due to the nature of duties it will perform. This role will have following main areas of responsibility:
- Management of cross functional programs aligned with product verticals. In this capacity, the Program Manager will partner with Business, Product, Engineering and Go-To-Market leaders to identify, prioritize, plan, execute, launch, and close complex product development initiatives.
- Partner with the Engineering and IT leadership to identify and spearhead the execution of technology initiatives aimed at improving software development processes, internal applications, and PubMatic’s global IT infrastructure.
- Mentoring and coaching development agile teams within the product vertical. In this capacity, the Program Manager will work with the owner of the agile maturity initiative at PubMatic, and will train, measure and mentor multiple agile teams as they adopt advanced agile practices.
- Identifying challenges, opportunities, and areas of improvement; implementing lightweight to enterprise level processes to address the same. This includes process proposal, definition, implementation, rollout and training, continuous compliance and reporting.
Following are some key duties this role will perform:
- Manage initiation, planning, execution, launch and closure phases of programs. Ensure alignment of all program stakeholders behind overall objectives
- Lead day to day execution of programs while keeping sight of strategic goals and working with teams comprising of highly accomplished engineering, product, QA, customer success, business and Go-To-Market leads
- Interact with executives from multiple functions on a daily basis in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Proactively manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Partner with Product and Engineering Managers to contribute towards product roadmap planning, resource planning and prioritization tradeoffs
- Coach the scrum teams on established agile product development best practices, attend scrum ceremonies and provide hands-on consultation
- Collaborate with other program managers to ensure consistent application of best practices across the board
- Set a gold standard for concise, polished and crisp communication.
- Define, evangelize and manage the evolution of custom processes and frameworks in order to fill process and execution gaps
- Publish periodic progress reports on programs and process compliance for executives and key stakeholders
- Be a catalyst for change in the organization, lead without authority and handle evolving change efforts by establishing excellent rapport with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a strongly associated discipline
- In-depth and practical knowledge of agile development methodologies
- At least 10 years of overall experience, of which 5 years in program management or similar experience where the candidate has led complex cross-functional initiative end to end
- At least 3 years of experience interacting (presenting, facilitating decisions making) with VP and C-Level managers
- Must be technically savvy and completely at ease with leading successful engineering focused discussions
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills – ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience and the situation
- Pragmatic and logical approach – ability to rein in creative minds at the right time in order to ensure focus on execution
- Ability to quickly understand context and apply big-picture thinking to achieve tangible results
- Exemplary time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Get-it-done mindset and a hands-on approach to managing teams
- Well versed with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Biased towards action and a great sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end program life cycle
Nice to Have:
- Prior Ad-tech experience
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Project Management or strongly associated discipline
- Prior consulting experience with a leading IT Consulting firm
- Scrum (Product Owner and Scrum Master) and PMP certification
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.