Senior Product Manager - Video/CTV
- Aundh, Pune, India
- Department: General Product
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
The Senior Product Manager, Video / CTV is responsible for driving and implementing product strategy for a growing market of video publishers and buyers. This includes the rapidly expanding landscape of video environments being driven by consumer behavior – OTT environments like mobile in-app and CTV being two key areas. It also includes more standard web and in-app video.
The candidate will have a strong portfolio of successful products and a full grasp of the digital video advertising space and its evolution over the last 5 years. They will have a grasp of programmatic advertising from the buy and sell side. They will understand some of the rapidly evolving consumption and paid media advancements in OTT/CTV. They will be familiar with digital video and TV content providers and emerging publisher and agency practices in purchasing video. They will have a full spectrum of product skills. This includes evangelizing their products, assessing competition, defining vision and collaborating with engineering, operations and marketing to drive the successful delivery and adoption of their platform. A nice to have is an understanding of streaming services, other distribution channels and ad stitching companies.
As a key member of the product management team, you will be responsible for creating the product vision, strategy, design and execution of your area of the product portfolio.
- Provide authoritative insight on the evolving video landscape in digital advertising.
- Study and evangelize how publishers are tackling video advertising and how buyers are willing to buy it.
- Collaborate closely with sales, customer support, marketing, business development, product and engineering teams in the company.
- Partner in market with sales and marketing across NA, EMEA and APAC growing video markets.
- Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for PubMatic Video and OTT products.
- Create ongoing framework to analyze competitive landscape, potential partnerships and opportunities.
- Understand and educate marketing and customer facing buy-side and sell-side teams on the landscape, key factors, key indicators and how we will take advantage of them.
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solution to market on time and within budget.
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders.
- 5 - 7 years of total professional experience, 3+ years of specific product management experience. 2+ years in video advertising across mobile, web and other environments. Candidate must have some programmatic advertising experience as well.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership track record.
- Autonomous learner, curious problem solver and team player.
- Nice to have: Extensive grasp of complexity of the players in the video market/CTV on publisher and buyer side, including content partners, streaming platforms and other distribution channels, programmatic advertising platforms, ad stitching companies and emerging agency buying practices per video.
- Understanding of existing tech platforms servicing the digital video advertising space and evolution to and beyond various versions of streaming services and other distribution channels, VPAID, VAST, etc.
- Exceptional client communication and interaction skills, including the ability to communicate with client and business teams to gather and validate requirements.
- Position will require some domestic and international travel.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.