NOC Systems Engineer(On Contract)
- Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Department: Data Center
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) have three main roles:
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
- To provision customer network services on core equipment
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner.
We interact frequently with technical support team so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications. We also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks.
Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
We don't expect you to have all the required knowledge when you join us as many of these skills can be picked up through experience in the job, but those who do need to learn new skills must be prepared to spend time doing suitable research to ensure their grounding is thorough and properly understood. As your knowledge and confidence develop you may be asked to join our shift roster providing 24x7 support on our core infrastructure and services.
Importantly, NOC engineers must have a solid understanding of PubMatic’s products and processes; they must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
- Manage and maintain the PubMatic’s Monitoring Systems.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on PubMatic’s systems and networks, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Facilitate maintenance, downtimes and activity communication.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly about PubMatic own architecture and platforms.
- Tier 1 Support for infrastructure and services
- Participate in a 24x7 shift roster.
- Fresher or 6-12 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good monitoring and network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Ability to handle P1 and P2 issues
B.E, B.Tech, MCA, MCS, BCA, MCA, B.Com
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.