Software Engineer - Android Developer
- Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Department: General Development
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for an Android developer having 1-3 years of experience. The primary focus will be to design, develop and ship the Ads SDK for monetizing Android applications.
The SDKs are designed to be the conduit for app developers to integrate with our highly scaled backend systems and control all aspects of the app’s requests and responses to the back end. In addition, the SDK is responsible for rendering and measurement integration for various ad formats that are presented in the app.
- Implement commercial-grade software, using the company standards for coding style and unit testing coverage as the backdrop for your work product.
- Develop the new features for PubMatic’s Ads SDK & demonstrative applications for the Android platform & ensure the performance, quality of each feature.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers of the team. Productive code reviews are ones where the recipient is helped by your feedback and can act upon your feedback, not just picking out errors or design flaws.
- Collaborate with team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help in maintaining code quality, organization, and automatization as standards.
- Participate in the customer support process by analyzing the bug reported on the SDK and providing the best possible and stable solution for the same. And ensure the fix should not cause any reverse impact on SDK features.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Android development.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and programming languages.
- Proficient with Java and Kotlin programming languages.
- Knowledge of an AGILE development. You will have to be able to estimate well and update stories with accurate documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android etc.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Experience with Android frameworks such as Activity, Services, Broadcast receiver etc.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android client to back-end services.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Understanding of Java design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Android Profiler.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration like Jenkins, Static code analyzers etc.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.