Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer - Big Data, Java, Scala (Contract)
- 601 Marshall St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Department: Development: Data Analytics
“PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.”
PubMatic is hiring a Software Engineer to join our growing team in Redwood City. Due to the global pandemic, this role will be remote (working from home/WFH) until further notice.
In this role, you will be directly involved with building groundbreaking new technologies to leapfrog competition within our competitive, fast-paced online advertising industry.
The Software engineer will be working on PubMatic data Platform. This platform processes 1.65 Peta Bytes of uncompressed data daily and over all manages more than 100 Peta Bytes of data in the cluster.
We are looking for self-motivated developers who enjoy working in dynamic, agile development environments as an individual contributor in the team.
- 2-5 years of product development experience in Java, Scala
- 2+ years of experience in Java and Scala, with Hadoop and Spark
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with building a highly scalable application using Core Java and Data structures
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is mandatory
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Experience in troubleshooting production applications
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Primary (Mandatory) Skills:
- Core Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Big Data
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Good to have
- Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He / She will be responsible for architect, design and develop software modules in various parts of the system architecture
- Come up with ideas and execute them to scale the platform in a stable way
- Understand system architecture and design
- To develop portable, high performance, and bug-free code
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
Return to Office: PubMatic employees around the world have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.