Senior Director of Business Development, Publishers
- 601 Marshall St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Department: Publisher Development
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Sr. Director/RVP of Business Development, Open Wrap
OpenWrap is PubMatic’s header bidding management technology solution designed specifically for multiple channels including display, mobile app and CTV/OTT publishers. This role is multifacted in that the Sr. Director/RVP will have both global oversight of this solution and direct sales responsibilities in the Americas. Working with both product and product marketing, the role will help shape the future of the product, as well as support a user community.
For the global part of this role, the person will work with senior management and sellers in both EMEA and APAC to form and deliver strategies and monitor the execution of those plans. Interfacing with the business owners of our mobile app and CTV businesses, this role will be involved in overall strategic planning in those areas. In the Americas, the person will also have an efficient sales team and be responsible for guiding the acquisition of new customers for OpenWrap Web. The role reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer in developing global strategies and tactics to meet revenue and product penetration goals.
- Define the business strategy for our wrapper monetization solutions based on market opportunity, customer needs, our product capabilities, and competitive differentiation. Understand global regional market needs.
- Partner with the global Product and Engineering organization to define our roadmap and prioritize product capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to evangelize PubMatic’s offering to external ecosystem and internal constituencies, train our global go-to-market organization.
- Provide support to our Sales and Customer Success leaders around the world to acquire and scale publisher customers and hire and train Openwrap experts across the organization.
- Drive the GTM commercialization strategy by partnering with Product Marketing, and aligning cross-functional operational success: product, sales, marketing, customer success, and operations
- Direct responsibility for America’s product sales by managing a small sales team dedicated to this offering.
- Strong expertise (7+ years) in programmatic advertising, with a deep background in all of the fundamentals of programmatic trading
- 7+ years of working experience selling ad tech platforms and solutions to publishers
- Public speaking and writing experience for the purpose of promoting PubMatic and OpenWrap.
- Technical knowledge of wrapper solutions and a solid understanding of publisher operations.
- Strong network of relationships in the publisher community
- Proven history of high-quality customer service and partnership development
- Strong communicator with exceptional presentation and sales skills
- NYC-based role and able to travel to customer meetings throughout the US
Nice to Have:
- Enterprise selling experience
- Publisher side operations experience
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.