Director of Publisher Development - Mobile
- Minami Aoyama, Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- Department: Publisher Development
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
PubMatic recognizes that in-app is a significant growth area as the omnichannel platform. This key contributor drives revenue growth via new in-app publisher acquisition, client retention, and upselling to current publishers. As a senior member of PubMatic’s Publisher Development, you will be responsible for establishing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with mobile app and games producers and other top 500 publishers. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long-term mobile relationships. On the other hand, the person will communicate with our Advertising Solution team, which faces Agencies about in-app buying for advertisers. This area has unique ecosystems compared to the web one. The candidate must understand the ecosystems and know what monetization will help Publishers. The best candidates will have strong mobile app publisher relationships and a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real-time in-app monetization.
You will be fluent in SDK knowledge and sales and excel in selling complex or technical products, and also will be an open person to try the new technologies in the in-app area.
· Work with the Sales leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
· Developing a mobile in-app publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth
· Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape the go-to-market (GTM) narrative and be an expert at articulating the story internally and externally
· Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships (we need to see your network during the interview process)
· Evangelize and present PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
· Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle, including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
· Participate in industry events and assist in developing PubMatic’s market presence
· Reaching or exceeding the quarterly revenue goal
· Getting the requirement from the Japanese market to share and reflect our product team.
· Communicate with the Advertising Solution team to reflect the buyer's needs.
· Strong pipes with Japanese in-app publishers.
· Previous sales or business development experience in a mobile app business with experience working with in-app publishers and developers
· Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends, and technologies
· Understanding in-app ecosystems and has SDK selling knowledge.
· Strong set of existing relationships with mobile media companies at the VP sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops, and comfortable with running c-level conversations
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
· Self-starting with an ability to learn, take charge, and deliver results with minimal supervision
· High energy and passionate about working in a fast-paced start-up environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.