Software/Senior Software Engineer- Data Analytics
- Aundh, Pune, India
- Department: Development: Data Analytics
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
- Build, design and implement our highly scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available big data platform to process terabytes of data and provide customers with in-depth analytics.
- Developing Big Data pipelines using modern technology stack such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Presto etc.
- Developing analytics application ground up using modern technology stack such as Java, Spring, Tomcat, Jenkins, REST APIs, JDBC, Amazon Web Services, Hibernate.
- Building data pipeline to automate high-volume data collection and processing to provide real-time data analytics.
- Customize PubMatic’s reporting and analytics platform based on customer’s requirements from customers and deliver scalable, production-ready solutions.
- Lead multiple projects to develop features for data processing and reporting platform, collaborate with product managers, cross-functional teams, other stakeholders and ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Use various mechanisms established to fetch data from different external data sources and reconcile them with PubMatic’s processed data.
- Collaborate with functional teams to build products to deliver end-to-end products and features and fix bugs for better performance.
- Develop robust & fault-tolerant systems and monitor implications of changes on data processing pipeline and performance.
- Leveraging a broad range of PubMatic’s data architecture strategies and proposing both data flows and storage solutions.
- Managing Hadoop map reduce and spark jobs & solving any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Working closely with cross functional teams on improving availability and scalability of large data platform and functionality of PubMatic software.
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, performing code reviews, committing to Github, preparing documents in Confluence, continuous delivery using Jenkins, automated testing, and operations.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum processes such as sprint planning, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming, user story management, work item prioritization, etc.
- Frequently discuss with product managers about the software features to include in PubMatic Data Analytics platform. Understand the technical aspects customer requirement from product managers.
- Keep in regular touch with quality engineering team which ensure the quality of the platforms/products and performance SLAs of java based micro services and spark based data pipeline.
- Support customer issues over email or JIRA (bug tracking system), provide updates, patches to customers to fix the issues.
- Discuss with technical writing team about the technical documents that are published on documentation portal.
- Perform code and design reviews for code implemented by peers or as per the code review process.
- 2+ years coding experience in Java.
- Solid computer science fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications.
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Expertise in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase etc would be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and delivering large scale big data pipelines, real-time systems & data warehouses would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.