Senior DevOps Operations Engineer
- Aundh, Pune, India
- Department: Data Center
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
At PubMatic, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve customer experience we are now looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Operations Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in DevOps Operations and are familiar with CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Python, we’d love to speak with you.
Objectives of this Role
- Designing, planning, and implementing technical solutions in response to project requirements.
- Owning, tracking, and resolving system incidents and requests.
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
- Operation, administration, and automation of services on premise and cloud platforms.
- Monitoring performance, troubleshooting systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with Datacenter and Engineering team’s on any required optimizations.
- Ready to work in shifts and providing on-call support.
- Working as part of the team to ensure projects and goals are delivered to timelines.
- Collaborating closely with Information Security team to define, manage, and implement the security configuration of all infrastructure and systems.
- Ongoing maintenance of documentation relating to new and current systems throughout the organization.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Operations Engineer
- Proficient with Linux, CI/CD pipeline, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Python and Ansible scripting
- Working knowledge of databases and MySQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Senior DevOps Ops Engineer.
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Experience with DevOps Datacenter Operations and customer experience
- Experience developing scripting and automation in large organizations
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.