System / Senior System Engineer
- Aundh, Pune, India
- Department: IT
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
Linux System Administrator would be responsible for provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. He would be contributing to the technical research and development to drive innovation within the infrastructure team.
Identification of automation opportunities within Client's network infrastructure. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary Primary Skills: Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotational shifts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build and operate enterprise systems, utilizing best practices for system deployment and design to include but not limited to the following system areas: Server hardware and operating systems
- Virtualization - KVM. VMWare Storage
- AWS, Azure, and other virtualization technologies Security tools and components
- Network and system automation
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements
- Handling Escalations.
- 4-10 years System Administration experience with Linux.
- Working knowledge of Apache, nginx , MySQL Replication Management, Administration.
- Shell scripting/ programming experience
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience on Linux administration and engineering Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organization.
- Should be analytical in problem solving
- Should be a team player and collaborate effectively with the members
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Zabbix, Observium, Cacti, etc. Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
- Networking skills required (Load Balancer, Adding server in network)
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines. Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related discipline
- Relevant certifications preferred - RHCE, CCNA, ITIL
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.