Director, Product Marketing
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Department: Marketing
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
We are immediately hiring a strong Director of Product Marketing to join our growing team.
The Director will be responsible for defining and executing GTM strategy for PubMatic’s technology.
The Director must be able to translate our product vision and roadmap into prioritized GTM Plans and Solution Programs, aligned with key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization. As such, being fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, across multiple product lines, and with regards to multiple competitors and partners will be key:
The ideal candidate will have in-depth strategic experience in the development of market analysis and response modeling, research and intelligence strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions being undertaken by the business.
Your success will be measured by specific product marketing success metrics and program OKRs tied to your ability to:
- Lead in cross-functional team alignment
- Communicate, educate and evangelize new products to our commercial sales teams
- Own product adoption and usage engagement rates for new product feature releases
- Develop GTM marketing programs that influence pipeline revenue and velocity
- Partner with Product Management to co-pilot strategic development of GTM Launch Planning for your product growth area
- Increase ICP and buyer persona awareness and share of voice including: end-to-end GTM launch planning for all release levels, product demos for sales training, learning and development; product-based demand generation assets, product positioning and messaging playbooks
- Leverage an ABM framework to drive pipeline velocity from prospect through opportunity by creating high-impact account nurture programs and initiatives. You will be the key subject-matter-expert in understanding each stage of the Consumer Decisioning Journey, by ICP, persona, regional market, industry, vertical, and business category
- Partner with the CS teams to bring new releases and major product launches into the PubMatic sales playbook and drive account expansion opportunities (upsell/crosssell)
- Align with the Marketing Communications teams to help drive air coverage and thought leadership, and being a co-chair to PubMatic-hosted events and Industry conference sponsorships that require targeted sales enablement planning, content, and messaging plays
- Familiarity with an advanced marketing tech stack, such as Salesforce, Pardot, Engagio, HighSpot, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Power BI, Pendo, HighSpot or SalesLoft
- 6+ years in product management or technical product marketing, ideally within online digital advertising (ad tech provider, exchange, large web publisher, agency) or marketing technology company
- The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising industry, a passion for technology, and the drive to work in a start-up environment
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Creative thinking around innovative messaging and presentation strategies a must; roll up your sleeves to create/drive visual tools to sell/explain products and services
- Proven track record with delivery in a fast-paced environment and the organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proven track record of working closely with Product Management teams to develop GTM strategies for driving adoption
- Strong understanding of technology, product development and innovation
- Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Cultural fit with PubMatic’s core values of Customer Service, Innovation, Bias Towards Action, Teamwork, and Integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, and initiative
- As a part of the interview process, be prepared to tell us what will happen to advertisers and publishers when Google completely deprecates the 3rd party cookie. You will need to be able to address this with confidence as the Director.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the globe have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited PTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.