Senior Network Engineer / Senior Network Administrator
- Marshall St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Department: Data Center
“PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.”
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands.
20 terabytes of data and over 15 billion advertising impression pass through our network every day. That equates to 95% of the US population being served served ads by our servers! This scale of our data needs a Network infrastructure and Data Centers to manage and support it. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for all enterprise LAN / WAN implementation, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. Based out of our Redwood City headquarters the role will requires support and some travel to Data Centers on the east coast and west coast as well as in EMEA and APAC.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks
- Configure BGP transit and private peering
- Need to work with Architect team on plans for various networking solutions
- Manage and perform WAN installations
- Manage network performance improvements and enhancements
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (domestic or International)
- Plan and execute complex network upgrades and migration activities
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs)
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth
- Research new tools and network technologies
- Update/standardize device firmware as needed
- Manage service requests and support tickets
- Travel to data centers occasionally
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed
- Manage vendor support issues and engagements
- Deliver projects within an aggressive timeframe and under pressure
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Skills and Experience
- Implementation Engineer
- 5-8 yrs exp. with Juniper Enterprise Routers and Switches
- 5-8 yrs with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering
- 5+ yrs with network based ACL’s, policy based routing, and firewall management
- 5-8 yrs exp. with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching
- Ability to generate and maintain technical documentation and network diagrams
- Experience with VXLAN, Virtual-Chassis and MC-LAG on Juniper gear using best practices and implementing the appropriate spanning tree protocols on TORs in such environments.
- Experience working with carrier circuits (ordering, installation, activation, troubleshooting)
- Experience working on Palo Alto Firewall and Fortinet firewalls. Experience with IPSec VPN, MFA for VPN access.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment and using network automation tools such as Ansible, Git and Python.
- Experience troubleshooting complex network issues.
- Experience contributing to monitoring and alerting systems.
Additional Skills of use:
- JNCIE/CCIE or equivalent experience with Juniper, Cisco and Arista platforms
- CISSP/ Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack
- IPv6 experience and knowledge
- Operational experience with flow based technologies
- UNIX/Linux OS Networking knowledge
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.