Senior / Solutions Engineer
- Beijing, Beijing, China
PubMatic is the leading marketing automation software company for publishers. Through real-time analytics, yield management, and workflow automation, PubMatic enables publishers to make smarter inventory decisions and improve revenue performance. Focused on serving the needs of premium publishers, PubMatic inspires buyer confidence by providing flexibility in audience discovery and planning media campaigns through its Media Buyer Console and APIs. The company's marketing automation software platform provides a global roster of comScore publishers with a single view into their advertiser relationships across every screen, every channel and every format. PubMatic was ranked by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in the US for the fourth consecutive year in 2015. The company has offices worldwide, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California
We are immediately hiring an experienced Solutions Engineer, Greater China to join our Platform Solutions team in Beijing, China on a hybrid schedule.
Platform Solutions works directly with our Publisher Development and Customer Success teams to showcase the value proposition of PubMatic’s products and solutions. We serve as technical experts and advisors in all phases of the platform sales life cycle process. This includes technical consulting, sales support and implementation, training, and custom requirements definition.
Working as a global team, we enjoy autonomy in our individual roles, while collaborating cross-functionally with each other across projects. The Solutions Engineer plays a critical role in supporting the sales process, including post-sale client onboarding and support.
The successful candidate is a proactive thinker, flexible with shifting project priorities and pressure. You have software development experience in Java and Objective C. You demonstrate confidence to handle problems, as well as the ability to work with a variety of different people. We seek a practical, take-charge expert to help build creative solutions and put them into action.
- Contribute to sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing.
- Evangelize the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales and account teams to assist in developing sales pitch, closing sales, and defining customization requirements for new and existing customers
- Partner with the PubMatic engineering and product teams to develop custom solutions and resolve issues during the sales cycle
- Prepare and deliver live product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Participate in and contribute to on-site quarterly business reviews with clients to review technical issues and product support opportunities
- Work with customer-facing teams to identify business goals, opportunities, and online marketing objectives and assure highest level of implementation of the PubMatic platform
- Define technical requirements and specifications for custom solution development
- Provide subject matter expertise to PubMatic account teams and customers in terms of best practices and capabilities to ensure balanced revenue strategies.
- Provide code samples to the clients during implementation of PubMatic SDK, OpenRTB, CTV / OTT, tag or other solutions.
- Provide internal training to sales and account management teams
- Bachelor’s and/or master's degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of recent work experience in the digital display advertising industry, with additional experience with mobile & video advertising also preferred
- Should be pro-active, quick learner and detail oriented and have logical reasoning ability, problem solving and analytical mindset
- Organized and structured approach to tasks and should be able to multi-task effectively
- Strong understanding of mobile app development practices and SDK development
- Prior experience configuring header bidding / Prebid integration for desktop & mobile apps
- Understanding of *nix (Linux/Unix) systems and working at the command line
- Familiarity with scripting languages (such as Python) and Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Familiarity with web debugging tools such as Charles and Fiddler
- In-depth understanding of ad servers such as Google Ad Manager, Amazon TAM or others is a plus
- In-depth understanding of mediation platforms such as MAX, IronSource and AdMob is a strong plus
- Experience managing complex projects ranging from client setup work, convincing clients on the benefits of integration, and evaluating custom solutions
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic, solutions oriented, creative thinker
- Language skill required for English on writing. Speaking English well is a plus
Nice to Have:
- Able to read, understand and edit code in Java and Objective C
- Knowledge and experience working with VAST/VPAID tags
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees around the world have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.