Director, Learning and Development
- 498 7th Ave 18th floor, New York, NY 10018, USA
- Department: Human Resources
PubMatic fuels the endless potential of internet content creators.
PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
PubMatic is looking for an innovative and strategic Learning and Development thought leader to join our dynamic Human Resources team and create a Center of Learning Excellence in the US to support our global employee population. Our ideal candidate is highly experienced in developing global sales training and management training programs for a diverse audience. The Director of L&D will have demonstrated experience in strategic planning, instructional design, facilitation, coaching, and program implementation. The main focus areas for this role will be creating and implementing learning strategies and programs that are aligned with the GTM (Go To Market) organization’s sales objectives to create a global sales training program as well as a comprehensive Management Training Program for both new and seasoned people managers. This Director will have demonstrated success embracing and analyzing various types of training needs based on the skills-set and capabilities needed as well as delivering and assessing the success of various learning programs.
This position requires excellent group facilitation skills, project management, communication skills, and a high degree of self-motivation. This is a new US based role on the Learning & Development team and will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
- Provide strategic learning & development thought partnership to PubMatic leadership including a deep understanding of our business and strategy and how innovative learning programs can help accelerate our transformation and achieve our goals.
- Assess GTM (Go To Market) team training needs collectively to design a global sales training program for all levels of employees (New Hires to Long Tenured).
- Collaborate with SMEs across the global GTM (Go To Market) organization to identify training needs and curate/develop content that supports our core and cultural values and aligns with our corporate goals.
- Partner with global HR Business Partners and evaluate training needs based on continuous feedback collected throughout the year (Employee Surveys/Global Manager 360 Survey/Annual Performance Review) to develop impactful learning content for all levels of employees with a focus on Management Training.
- Work with Department Heads and Managers to evaluate team skills gaps and identify relevant L&D solutions to address.
- Facilitate engaging, innovative, and outcome centered training sessions.
- Develop and manage a roster of external training vendors/coaches that align with our learning goals/initiatives.
- Enhance and create evaluation methods to gather feedback and measure success of our training programs.
- Provide individual coaching and development to new and experienced managers as needed.
- Roll-out global department-specific learning programs for the GTM (Go To Market) and Non-Technical teams as well as cross-company development initiatives
- 10+ years of professional work experience in Learning and Organizational Development for a multi-national technology company. Experience working within the field of Advertising Technology strongly preferred.
- Strong intrinsic and working knowledge of learning theory, content and delivery processes including virtual/self-paced learning via our current LMS platform (MindTickle!).
- Knowledge of best-in-class practices for learning and development, including experience in developing or customizing various training modules on a variety of management core competencies and sales topics.
- Experience leading training sessions on a variety of topics and in a variety of formats (live, in-person or remote), ranging from small-group facilitation to large-group presentations.
- Current and deep knowledge and expertise in using leading-edge training technology as well as catering to personality types and styles to inspire participation and commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated success in adapting to a rapidly-changing environment/high-growth environment.
- Superior communication skills, excellent verbal capacity and incredible writing skills.
- Relevant professional certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline: Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.