Team Lead -Java
- Department: Development: General Development
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
Resource will be directly involved with building groundbreaking new technologies to leapfrog competition within our competitive, fast-paced online advertising industry. We are looking for engineers with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
He/ She will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. We are looking for self-motivated developers who enjoy working in dynamic, agile development environments as an individual contributor in the team
- He / She will be responsible for developing software modules for various parts of the system architecture.
- Understand system architecture and design.
- Design systems and solution for a high scale environment.
- To develop portable, high performance, and bug-free code.
- Develop and mentor other team members for delivering high quality code and best practices.
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
- 5 to10 years of product development experience in Java
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with building highly scalable application using Core Java and Data structures
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is mandatory
- Knowledge and working experience with CI- CD tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes, docker
- Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
- Experience with SQL and Java optimization for real-time systems
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Experience in trouble shooting production applications
- Experience in mentoring team members for delivering high quality design and code
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Core Java, Data Structures, Web Services, RDBMS like MySQL/Oracle, Spring, and Hibernate Framework, Design Patterns
Good to Have:
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.