Business Operations Associate, Marketplace
- Department: General Product
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses.
PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a self-starting Business Operations Associate, Marketplace to join our growing team in Redwood City on a hybrid schedule.
This is an analytical, business-facing role, optimizing auction dynamics across channels. This key contributor will drive outcomes for the publisher's perspective on yield management (fill rate, price, revenue), as well as the advertiser's return on their spend (click-through rates, conversions, pricing and win rate).
Working with clients and Customer Success teams, you'll build optimization strategies for delivery, scaling from the individual account level to global. Partnering with Product and Engineering, you also help build new marketplace capabilities - setting requirements, defining success, and helping to implement new solutions.
The Business Operations Associate, Marketplace will drive communication across stakeholders, often working directly with client executives and PubMatic senior leadership. The successful candidate will exhibit business acumen, technical understanding and the consultative skills required to present recommendations across a range of audiences – all the way to the C-suite.
- Managing auction dynamics to maximize publisher and advertiser satisfaction
- Manage cross-disciplinary monetization projects to create org-wide success
- Innovating, developing, and testing new algorithms to improve auction dynamics
- Capturing competitive intelligence
- Optimizing specific publisher accounts to drive improved performance
- Working with media buyers to understand and improve auction performance
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, media, and/or technology
- BS or BA in a quantitative major – i.e. Statistics, Economics, Math or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills (use of pivot tables, vlookup, creating graphs, calculations using in-built functions, macros etc)
- Expertise with analytics, product management, and cross-functional project management
- A demonstrated history of finding solutions with analytics
- Flexible and willing to think strategically and work tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working in programmatic ad tech
- Experience working with SQL
Compensation and Benefits (for CA Residents Only)
Base Compensation Range: $80,000 - $100,000
In accordance with California law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary, PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees around the world have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.