Senior Software Engineer - Big Data, Hadoop, Spark
- Department: Development: Data Analytics
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
As a Software Engineer at PubMatic, you will be overseeing one or more modules of the data platform utilizing day by day the latest technologies in big data such as, Java, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker.
The engineering process is highly collaborative. In addition to pairing, Software Engineer Principals field questions from other product teams and encourage cross-team collaboration.
Software Engineer Principals create foundational code elements that can be reused, architectural diagrams, and other product-related documentation. They also define service-level objectives for products. In addition, Software Engineer may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing, and production monitoring.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for creating the architecture, designing, and developing software modules in various parts of the system architecture
- You will drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- You will come up with ideas and execute them to scale the platform in a stable way to develop portable, high-performance, and bug-free code
- You will be converting high-performance stories into technical solutions
- You will ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- You will support innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- You will conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features
- You will provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team
- You will troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
- Mandatory Skills: Core Java, Hadoop, Spark, Big Data, Linux/Unix
- Nice to have: Scala, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker
- You have 2+ years of experience in Hadoop (HSDFS) and Spark
- You have 5 to 12 years of product development experience in Java
- You have previous working experience with building a highly scalable application using Core Java and Data structures
- You are experienced in using version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- You understand system architecture and design
- You have experience in troubleshooting production applications
- You have good problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Computers science studies or equivalent
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely (working from home/WFH) through virtual meetings until further notice.
Base Compensation Range: $120,000 - $150,000
In accordance with California law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, plus many extra perks. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.