Principal Software Engineer / Senior Principal Software Engineer (programmatic advertising)
- Department: Development: General Development
“PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. With a globally distributed workforce and no corporate headquarters, PubMatic operates 16 offices and eight data centers across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.”
Note: Golang training included, no previous experience required
What you will be doing
As part of the Engineering team, our day-to-day responsibility is to build applications and architecture to handle 100's billions of requests per day and manage millions of requests per second.
In this role, you will design and implement next-generation highly scalable and low latency ad server features at a scale of 500 billion+ ad requests per day and manage millions of real-time bidding transactions per second. in our Ad Server, overseeing one or more modules, using C++ or Java and Golang under a Linux environment, Python scripting, and SQL databases.
The engineering process is highly collaborative. In addition to pairing, Software Engineer Principals field questions from other product teams and encourage cross-team collaboration.
Software Engineer Principals create foundational code elements that can be reused, architectural diagrams, and other product-related documentation. They also define service-level objectives for products. In addition, Software Engineer Principals may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing, and production monitoring.
- Use best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work
- Perform code and design reviews for code implemented by peers or as per the code review process
- Collaborate and pair with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Document, review and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Write custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Contribute to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
- Identify, implement and share technical solutions that can be used across the organization
- Create and architect foundational code elements that can be reused many times by a product
- Create meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews or other interested parties
- You have previous experience in building advertising technology products, or you have been exposed to programmatic bidding products before
- You have good experience in building complex and scalable solutions
- You can find optimal solutions and innovative ideas
- You have the ability to understand end-to-end product functionality
- You have 5 to 12 years of experience in software design, architecture, and development
- You have a previous experience working on the backend, in C/C++ or Java, under Linux or UNIX environment, scripting languages (Python, Shell), and MySQL
- You have a deep understanding of implementing algorithms and you know how to use advanced data structures to solve problems in computing
- Golang knowledge would be ideal, training would be offered
- Computer Science studies or equivalent
What we will offer in return
PubMatic offers competitive pay, and great incentives, plenty of opportunities to
grow in your career, within an incredible culture focused on teamwork,
transparency, and ownership. You will have the chance to work in a creative and
dynamic working environment surrounded by smart and friendly colleagues,
within a company that brings constant innovation to the ad tech market. You will be receiving professional training in your specific area but also on the business
and product side.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees around the world have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Base Compensation Range: $120,000 - $180,000
In accordance with California law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and internet expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.