Principal UX Designer
- Department: Development: Emerging Solutions
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future.
PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices.Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
PubMatic is hiring a Principal User Experience (UX) Designer to join our growing team in New York City.
This role will help define and drive the future of PubMatic design. You will be working with product managers and stakeholders while leading the charge to identify and set product strategy, design simple solutions for complex UX ecosystems, and inspire team members to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of publishers, advertisers, and brand owners alike.
- At least 10+ years of experience in UX Design
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for complex web applications
- Managed designers previously
- Ability and willingness to work with stakeholders across different time zones (EST, PST, India)
UX Basics + Process:
- Experience overseeing and leading the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
- Deep understanding and experience in leading user-centered design methods and best practices - you're always looking to improve on your process
- Experience in conducting user research and facilitating interviews with internal and external clients - proven by your design thinking/solutions
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements
- Experience creating user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Ability to translate complex requirements into easy user flows
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Experience designing and building out a design system
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Marvel, Zeplin.
- Experience leading multiple product areas at once
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment
- Values teamwork, and can give and solicit feedback from other teammates in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Asks smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
- B2B and AdTech experience
- Knowledge in using Pendo, Google analytics, or similar behavioral analytics platforms
- Experience in UX copywriting
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR CV AND YOUR PORTFOLIO
Salary ranges from $165,000 to $185,000
In accordance with applicable law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees around the world have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.