Senior Counsel, Commercial
- Department: Legal
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future.
PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
We are immediately hiring an innovative and conscientious Senior Counsel, Commercial to join our growing legal team in Redwood City on a hybrid schedule.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Commercial, you'll work with a team of lawyers to support procurement and commercial deals across our company, including marketing, HR, IT, sales and more. The ideal candidate will also be flexible to learn new practice areas under the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel, as desired.
- Contract/Commercial: drafting, negotiation and advising the company’s sales, business development, vendor, independent contractor, technology, data and licensing activities in coordination with internal colleagues and business teams around the world
- Proactively manage commercial and legal risks in the digital media/ad tech industry while still getting business done
- Provide legal and strategic business advice and support across a broad spectrum of internal functions, including Sales, IT, Operations, Marketing and HR
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form contracts and legal processes
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of the CA or NY bar
- 3+ (including much more) years of relevant experience (law firm and in house); law firm experience required; in house experience in advertising, technology, ad tech, data, or media company is a major plus
- Strong contract/commercial experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues, data licensing concepts, and ability to issue spot for business risks
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively (internally and externally) and close transactions efficiently
- Great business risk and legal judgment, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams globally in a space that is constantly changing
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
- Sense of humor preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Base Salary Range: $200,000 - $215,000
In accordance with applicable law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile expenses, and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 4 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.