Principal/Senior Principal Software Engineer (Java, Go lang/C/C++)
- Department: Development: General Development
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
You be responsible for designing and developing end-to-end product features for commerce platforms that would have high transactions per second and will include Ad-engine, Analytics, and API components.
You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive innovative solutions. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver with a strong background in software architecture, development, leadership, and e-commerce AdTech domain.
- Be responsible for designing and developing software modules for various parts of the system architecture.
- Understand system architecture and design.
- Design systems and solutions which are reliable, available, and scalable.
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results.
- Develop portable, high-performance, and high-quality code following the best practices for software development and documentation.
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders to derive the best strategy for product development which will add significant business value.
- Conduct feasibility analysis and produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Develop and mentor other team members for delivering high-quality code and best practices.
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- 7+ years of product development experience in languages such as Java, Go lang/C++, data analytics technologies.
- Experience in AdTech in the e-commerce domain, sponsored products Ad listing/ ad serving, offsite campaigns, payment integration, closed-loop reporting, and real-time reporting.
- Experience with building highly scalable applications using optimal algorithms, advanced data structures, design patterns, multithreading, memory management, and collections framework.
- A solid knowledge in the principles of computer science is desired.
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is mandatory.
- Working experience with relational databases preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases and database concepts.
- Experience with SQL and database optimization techniques for performance and space
- Working knowledge of scripting Perl/Python/Shell
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and CI/CD and DevOps tools like Jenkins, docker
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Retail/e-commerce AdTech, Data Structures, Web Services, RDBMS like MySQL/PostgreSQL, AdTech.
Good to Have:
Design Patterns, Shell Scripting, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.