Associate Director, Product Marketing (Commerce Media / Retail Media)
- Department: Marketing
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future.
PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
We are immediately hiring an Associate Director, Product Marketing, to join our growing team in our Redwood City or New York office!
The Associate Director will be responsible for defining and executing GTM strategy for PubMatic’s technology.
The Associate Director must have a strong understanding of the Commerce/Retail Media landscape, including a deep understanding of customers challenges and needs. This person should have a clearly articulated awareness of the gaps in the technology landscape and a point of view on the evolution of the space.
The Associate Director must be able to translate our product vision and roadmap into prioritized GTM Plans and Solution Programs, aligned with key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization. As such, being fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, and multiple product lines in relation to multiple competitors and partners will be key.
Finally, the Associate Director should be able to manage a diverse group of stakeholders, including executive leadership, to achieve a common goal. This individual should be comfortable working across functions and across titles to achieve PubMatic’s goals.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth strategic experience in the development of market analysis and response modeling, research and intelligence strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products, and solutions being undertaken by the business.
Your success will be measured by specific product marketing metrics and program OKRs tied to your ability to:
- Drive global, cross-functional team alignment
- Drive and execute upon Go to Market strategy
- Communicate, educate, and evangelize new products to our commercial sales teams
- Own product adoption and usage engagement rates for new product feature releases
- Own and develop GTM marketing programs that influence pipeline revenue and velocity
- Partner with Product Management to co-pilot strategic development of GTM Launch Planning for your product growth area
- Increase ICP and buyer persona awareness and share of voice including: end-to-end GTM launch planning for all release levels, product demos for sales training, learning and development, product-based demand generation assets, product positioning and messaging playbooks
- Leverage an ABM framework to drive pipeline velocity from prospect through opportunity by creating high-impact account nurture programs and initiatives
- A subject-matter-expert at each stage of the Consumer Decisioning Journey, by ICP, persona, regional market, industry, vertical, and business category
- Partner with the sales and client/customer success teams to bring new releases and major product launches into the PubMatic sales playbook and drive account expansion opportunities (upsell/cross sell)
- Align with the Marketing Communications teams to help drive air coverage and thought leadership, and serve as co-chair to PubMatic-hosted events and Industry conference sponsorships that require targeted sales enablement planning, content, and messaging plays
- Familiarity with an advanced marketing tech stack, such as Salesforce, Pardot, Engagio, HighSpot, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Power BI, Pendo, HighSpot or SalesLoft
- 6+ years in-depth experience of technical product marketing or product management experience in a relevant field such as online digital advertising for retailers (retailer, shopper marketing agency, retail media or ad tech provider) and/or online digital advertising (ad tech provider, exchange, large web publisher, agency) or marketing technology company
- The candidate must have 4-6 years of in-depth experience in the commerce or retail media industry, have a passion for technology and the drive to work in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up like environment
- Have expert knowledge of commerce and retail media acquired at a commerce/retail technology company
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Creative thinking around innovative messaging and presentation strategies is a must - roll up your sleeves to create/drive visual tools to sell/explain products and services
- Proven track record with delivery in a fast-paced environment and the organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proven track record of working closely with Product Management teams to develop GTM strategies for driving adoption
- Strong understanding of technology, product development, and innovation
- Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Cultural fit with PubMatic’s core values of Customer Service, Innovation, Bias Towards Action, Teamwork, and Integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, and initiative
Compensation and Benefits:
Base Compensation Range: $150,000 – $180,000
In accordance with applicable law, the above salary range provided is PubMatic’s reasonable estimate of the base salary for this role. The actual amount may vary, based on non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to salary PubMatic also offers a bonus, restricted stock units and a competitive benefits package.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMxatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide such as, paid leave programs, paid holidays, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, commuter benefits, physical and financial wellness programs, unlimited DTO in the US (that we actually require you to use!), reimbursement for mobile expenses and fully stocked pantries plus in-office catered lunches 3 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.