Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer - Java
- Department: Development: General Development
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
We are looking for a Java Engineer with 2-6 years’ experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
He/ She will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Participate in software design meetings and write technical design documents.
- Development of the product / modules independently.
- Responsible for writing unit test, integration test, re-factoring & documentation.
- Understand & maintain existing codebase by regular re-factoring and applying requested fixes and features.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced Agile development process.
- Maintain application stability by monitoring key metrics and improving code base accordingly.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- Should be flexible to learn new technology / require frameworks.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- 2-6 years of hands-on experience in software development.
- Should have excellent knowledge of OOPS concepts and experience in Core Java and J2EE (Java, Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate/ My Batis).
- Should have experience in REST Web Service development.
- Good to have knowledge of building web services using Golang.
- Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL and nice to have knowledge of NoSQL dBs like mongoDB etc.
- Nice to have experience / knowledge of Java 11 or higher.
- Nice to have experience of working on high performance and scale systems.
- Nice to have knowledge and hands on experience of any of scripting languages like Shell Script / PHP / Python.
- Should have good knowledge of Data Structures.
- Should have experience in JUNIT.
- Good knowledge of Unix OS is preferred.
- Working experience of tools/technologies like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Docker.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, re-factoring, code reviews, continuous integration/deliver and Agile development practices.
- Should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.