Senior/Principal Software Development Engineer in Test - SRE
- Department: QA
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test - AdServer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with hardware and software industry technical experts and design teams to come up with test requirements and specifications. You will work with team of QA engineers to plan/execute tests to validate and benchmark several server side features capable of serving more than 190+ billion request a day coming at scale of millions of requests in a second (QPS). You will be developing automated test suites to increase functional and integration automation test coverage & benchmark performance of PubMatic AdServer and calibrate QA Automation tools using object-oriented programming. Your innovations, test plans, execution and inputs will help in building new scalable software solutions and Products at PubMatic.
- Identify performance, reliability and stability issues in the product.
- Setup automated performance test scenarios that can be included at various stages of product verification (e.g. unit / functional level as well as e2e integration level)
- Identify and troubleshoot performance issues in collaboration with architecture and development teams.
- Capabilities to research new ways of performance testing and recommend system configuration and tuning improvements based on observations.
- Proven expertise in handling performance issues on distributed systems.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Good communication skills - Clearly conveys information and ideas both verbally and written.
- Strong hands-on technical and programming skills in one of the languages - Python, Golang, Java or equivalent
- Experience with performance monitoring tools for linux, OS Internals, Database Internals.
- Knowledge of virtualization tools and technologies like docker, kubernetes.
Good to have :
- Understanding of latest performance testing tools and trends.
- In-depth understanding of important architectures (Monolith, Service oriented, event driven etc) and protocols- eg. Http, Tcp/Ip, gRPC etc.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies.
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.