Associate Director, Customer Success, Mid Market
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) is an independent technology company maximizing customer value by delivering digital advertising’s supply chain of the future. PubMatic’s sell-side platform empowers the world’s leading digital content creators across the open internet to control access to their inventory and increase monetization by enabling marketers to drive return on investment and reach addressable audiences across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, our infrastructure-driven approach has allowed for the efficient processing and utilization of data in real time. By delivering scalable and flexible programmatic innovation, we improve outcomes for our customers while championing a vibrant and transparent digital advertising supply chain.
The Customer Success (CS) team are the primary owners of PubMatic’s global publisher base. As an Associate Director, CS in the MidMarket org, you will oversee a team of Team Leads and Customer Success Operations Managers (CSOMs) supporting MidMarket accounts for the US region.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced team contributor to manage and help build a team that supports the US medium to long-tail publisher business. You will support your team as they manage omnichannel supply (desktop, video, mobile, CTV), foster and develop partnerships with publishers, optimize account performance, run data analysis and technical troubleshooting.
To achieve this, you will need to understand our core business strategy and be able to execute the tactics required, as well as having a deep understanding of PubMatic’s product offerings and market forces to guide and support your team.
This role reports into the Senior Director, Customer Success.
- Manage a large team of direct reports, including their ongoing development, as well as recruit, hire, and train talent to support continued team growth
- Oversee relationship management of a large book of publisher accounts, ensuring excellent service, aiding in relationship growth and hitting/exceeding revenue targets through optimizations and cross-sales/upsells
- Ensure operational excellence as primary technical escalation point for team, including new publisher onboarding of header bidding integrations, performance optimization, and technical troubleshooting
- Must be a team player that can manage team technical escalations via Salesforce, Jira and other platforms. Additionally, develop a fantastic team environment within and across the teams to work cohesively.
- Coach peers proactively in the organization to create skill lift that drives client growth and contributes to overall team success
- Develop a culture of collaboration and accountability across the team
- Collaborate with Publisher Development team and Product Commercial Leads to find additional opportunities and assist in upselling
- Work closely with the Advertiser Solutions and Tech Ops teams to create win-win solutions for both the demand and supply side
- Oversee Salesforce hygiene and reporting of team’s publisher accounts, customer data, Opportunity pipeline, Case workflow, and publisher performance & revenue data
- Identify product enhancement opportunities and liaison with Product Managers to strengthen and innovate PubMatic’s Product offering
- BCA/B.Tech/B.E/MCA graduation degree or equivalent experience
- Previous management experience required (manager, lead or supervisor role); Experience leading a large team preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant programmatic ad tech work experience in the digital advertising industry, including in-depth knowledge of areas such as Google AdMob, Google Ad Manager, SSP & DSP ecosystem, Prebid, and other header bidding wrappers
- Preferred knowledge in areas such as video (in-steam, outstream, CTV & OTT), mobile app / SDK, ad quality / brand safety, inventory quality, PMP, oRTB, ad tags
- Knowledge to use debugging tools like Charles, Fiddler and Firebug etc.
- Experience supporting a global customer base and interfacing with a US-based team
- Demonstrated experience in publisher relationship management, including excellent service, relationship growth, and cross-sales/upsells
- Proactive, quick learner, detail oriented, strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced publisher performance optimization and reporting skills
- Very strong analytical thinking abilities, project management and organization skills
- Ability to present clear project plans and communicate with teams to reach desired results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours (generally local business hours except for meetings that overlap with US (California) mornings)
Return to Office: PubMatic employees throughout the global have returned to our offices via a hybrid work schedule (3 days “in office” and 2 days “working remotely”) that is intended to maximize collaboration, innovation, and productivity among teams and across functions. All PubMatic employees in the US and India are required to be fully vaccinated to return to our offices. Covid-19 boosters are not required at this point in time.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.