- San Diego, CA
Pyramid Consulting Inc is one of the top 50 fastest growing IT staffing and services firm in the nation specializing in staff augmentation in the areas of software applications, telecommunications and infrastructure. We are one of the largest minority owned staffing firms in the U.S.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for mentoring the QA team, improving processes and procedures exercised during QA efforts, maintaining good working relationships with non-technical clients, and providing guidance, leadership and visibility on QA team projects and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with business partners across multiple business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business.
- Works independently with minimal direction. Serves as a project team member or may lead teams.
- Provides process improvement recommendations.
- Develop test strategies, write test plans, develop test scripts, manage test tasks and conduct tests on assigned projects. Develop effective test and QA processes.
- Execute test procedures and scripts, analyze results and create test reports.
- Provide defect documentation, tracking and reporting. Investigate and fully characterize test failures. Ensure that incidents are entered with adequate information to fully describe and reproduce the issue.
- Use standard test methodology, to develop and execute software test plans, including system, regression, performance and stress testing for new products and product enhancements.
- Analyze business processes to derive, develop and document test strategy, plan and procedures.
- Maintain test logs and document test results. Analyze test results to ensure the integrity of the application’s functionality. Prepare QA reports and support quality improvement plans.
- Strong understanding of change control for requirement artefacts.
- Ensures traceability between test plans, test procedures and business and functional requirements.
- Provide time estimates from completion of project tasks and status reports to Management.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems. Monitors and analyzes defects and/or metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in technical design, testing and architecture work sessions.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience: 5 or more years of relevant technical and business work experience as a QA/Test Engineer. Demonstrated ability in the development and implementation of scripted testing (C#) using either TestComplete or Visual Studio. Experience with Visual Studio Test Manager Experience with Team Foundation Server BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology. Strong SQA methodology and process experience. Experience with Object Oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture and multi-tier environments. Defect tracking and configuration management experience. Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies. Experience in waterfall, iterative and agile software development methodologies Must demonstrate understanding of requirements and testing using waterfall, iterative and agile development methodologies including milestones and deliverables. Must possess well-developed analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Language Skills: Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.