LAN/DESKSIDE TECHNICIAN JR054
- Phoenix, AZ
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value
The following position is contingent upon ability to obtain required clearance.
The Lan/Deskside Technician reports to the Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides junior-level support for a 24x7 LAN and associated applications, peripherals and connectivity in a Tier II service desk environment on a nationwide contract. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision.
- Provide direct technical support to end-users for all IT related issues both hardware and software
- Under supervision, provide support to monitor, install and perform maintenance on personal computers, laptop computers, software, and the networks
- Timely respond to system user requests for assistance
- Provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections, and training users in proper operation of systems and programs
- Support also includes: install and provide basic support for approved PC software; upgrades to all computer platforms, train office staff on computers, maintain logs and inventory of equipment repairs
- Troubleshoot/upgrade existing operational environment consisting of workstations running Windows 7, associated file and print servers running Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging software. Peripheral devices consist of PDA’s, Blackberry hand held devices, and printers
- Utilizes Veritas Backup Exec and Symantec Netbackup Disaster Recovery Software
- May work with Network Operations Center to troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN issues
- Document all work performed and possess ability to write clear and effective status reports
- In a subordinate role, provide technical support for large projects, operations and special events
- Coordinate with senior technical personnel to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
- Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
- Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
Knowledge and skills:
- Junior level knowledge of the latest Network Operating Systems and hardware
- Junior level knowledge of backup software and hardware
- Junior level knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging Software
- Familiarity with WAN Devices, circuits, cabling and telephonic and/or communication technology
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Deskside environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3 or more years of related technical experience preferred
- MCSE preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
Clearance Required: Background Investigation and up to Top Secret U.S. Citizenship required
Location: This position will be based out of our Client Site, Phoenix, AZ
Travel Requirement: 30%; Overnight travel – No
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify