SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER BIG DATA
- Springfield, OH
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role on the product development team to develop Qbase Intellectual Property and products in the search and retrieval and data analytics space including big data and geospatial integration. The role will contribute to a team that is leveraging leading edge open source technologies in the “Big Data Discovery” arena. The Senior Software Engineer will join a dynamic team leveraging Qbase expertise in these areas.
- Prototype concepts to determine architecture and design of actual product
- Provide software design and development for new data mining and analytic products
- Contribute to full life-cycle software product development, including requirements definition/refinement, software implementation, testing and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot, debug and fix software anomalies
- Work closely with product development teams and product stakeholders following an Agile product development methodology
- Effectively communicate with fellow technologists and other stakeholders
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong Cross-platform Java programming skills (Linux and Windows)
- Advanced debugging skills using Linux tools and Visual Studio
- Understanding of data mining and data analytics concepts specifically in the “big data” space
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce and at least one commercial distribution eg. GreenPlum, Cloudera, MapR, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL dbs like MongoDB, Cassandra or CouchDB
- Multi-threaded programming
- Agile product development
- Experience developing commercial software products
- Experience with other non-relational dbs used within the “big data” space eg. Hbase and Accumulo
- Experience with structured data analytics
- Experience with unstructured or text data and text search and retrieval
Education and work experience:
- B.S. Computer Science, MIS
- 5+ years programming experience
Clearance Requirement: No
Location: This position will be based out of our Springfield, Ohio worksite. This position offers an opportunity for flexible scheduling and telecommute arrangements.
Travel Requirement: None
Qbase develops proprietary data management tools, including Qbase Data Discovery™ and Qbase Data Transformer™, to help you understand and improve your data. Qbase data analytics reveal new ways to drive revenue and increase profits. Our web-based applications and high throughput computing solutions can be custom-designed to solve your most complex data problems. Our IT solutions and consulting services help keep you proactive. Learn more about our technology at http://www.4qbase.com/our_technology.html
Find our latest collection of Qbase resources, written by our data and technology experts, on a wide variety of topics covering IT, data analytics, data quality, data security disaster prevention and other important issues at http://www.4qbase.com/resource.html
The Qbase team brings a diverse combination of skills and expertise developed in a range of fields and leadership positions—from CEOs of large companies to an officer leading IT initiatives in the U.S. Armed Services. Additionally, the team offers deep and broad experience in federal technology integration, database management and analytics, and in enterprise systems development. Learn more about Qbase leadership at http://www.4qbase.com/team.html
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify