COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST - SENIOR (SR208)
- Houston, TX
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value.
The following position is contingent upon ability to obtain required clearances.
The Computer System Analyst (Senior) reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides senior-level support for a 24x7 LAN and associated applications, peripherals and connectivity in a Tier II service desk environment on a nationwide contract. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. The Computer System Analyst may also serve as a mentor or in a supervisory role to junior level Deskside Technicians and System Administrators. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide senior level support of a 24x7 LAN and associated hardware, applications, users and other equipment both remotely and onsite to include mainframe connectivity and web-based application connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and upgrade existing operational environment consisting of Windows Servers 2000/2003 and workstations running Windows XP, and Windows 2000, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Provide support of peripheral devices such as PDA’s, Blackberry hand held devices and printers
- Utilize Veritas Backup Exec and Computer Associates ArcServe Disaster Recovery software
- Document all work performed and ability to write clear and effective status reports, problem analysis reports and other ad-hoc reports
- Technical support and planning for large projects, operations and special events to include evaluation of wireless and other networking technologies
- Work as a member of a large team and use established standard operating procedures in the conduct of daily duties
- Coordinate with the Technical Manager to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
- Install or monitor enterprise installations of new software releases and system upgrades
- Evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
- Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
- Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations
- Ability to professionally manage client interaction and expectations regarding service delivery efforts
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Apply basic knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
- Advanced knowledge of the latest Network Operating Systems and hardware
- Familiarity with LANDesk and experience with BigFix required.
- Advanced knowledge of backup software and hardware
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging Software
- Familiarity with WAN Devices, circuits, cabling and telephonic and/or communication technology
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within desktop/LAN environment
- Customer interface skills a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
Education and work experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 10 years of related technical experience preferred
- MCSE preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
Clearance Required: Background Investigation and up to Top Secret.
Location: This position will be available in the Houston, TX area.
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”.
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
Qbase develops proprietary data management tools, including Qbase Data Discovery™ and Qbase Data Transformer™, to help you understand and improve your data. Qbase data analytics reveal new ways to drive revenue and increase profits. Our web-based applications and high throughput computing solutions can be custom-designed to solve your most complex data problems. Our IT solutions and consulting services help keep you proactive. Learn more about our technology at http://www.4qbase.com/our_technology.html
Find our latest collection of Qbase resources, written by our data and technology experts, on a wide variety of topics covering IT, data analytics, data quality, data security disaster prevention and other important issues at http://www.4qbase.com/resource.html
The Qbase team brings a diverse combination of skills and expertise developed in a range of fields and leadership positions—from CEOs of large companies to an officer leading IT initiatives in the U.S. Armed Services. Additionally, the team offers deep and broad experience in federal technology integration, database management and analytics, and in enterprise systems development. Learn more about Qbase leadership at http://www.4qbase.com/team.html
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify