DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Washington, DC
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value.
The Director, Business Development will build Qbase’s presence in the government and military domain and reports directly to the Vice President. This professional will focus on sales forecasting, sales prospecting, sales fulfillment, and customer relationship management. The Business Developer will generate leads, qualify opportunities, perform capture management functions and develop winning proposals to ensure Qbase revenue and sales targets are achieved. The Business Developer will work closely with customers and teaming partners to develop lasting business relations. This individual will work closely with our executive & operations staff, product managers, marketing, and finance to initiate the client fulfillment process and ensure client start-up, client satisfaction, and contract deliverables are met.
- Identifying and monitoring opportunities and responding appropriately
- Working with technical resources to develop solutions to customer needs
- Managing the capture process for qualified opportunities
- Determine and establish value-added teaming (primes and subcontractors) and competitive pricing strategies to meet customer requirements
- Leading proposal development and submission
- Tracking lessons learned for both winning and losing proposals
- Assisting in the development of a marketing & communications strategy
- Maintaining prospect database
- Support tradeshows and other marketing and business development functions
- Maintains technical proficiency and consults with prospective customers regarding use of company products and services
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven performance in sales to government and military agencies
- Detailed knowledge of the government procurement process
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Success in developing business relationships with key decision-makers and influencers in customer organizations
- Familiarity with Information Technology or Data Management tools and techniques (preferred)
Education and work experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Business Development or Sales to the federal government with experience in Intelligence Community
- B.S. (required), Master Degree (preferred) in business, technical or management related field
- Extensive experience with federal government, agencies and associations
- Proven experience leading,bidding and winning large contracts
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of tools, Excel, MS Project
Clearance Requirement: Yes – TS/SCI
Location: This position will be based out of our Washington, DC site.
Travel Requirement: >25% Overnight travel – Yes
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”.
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify