DATA CENTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Fort Belvoir, VA
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value
Please note this position is in support of future opportunities contingent upon contract award.
The Data Center Support Specialist will provide SQL database administration in support of Qbase clients.
- Support the administration and maintenance of multiple SQL 2000/2005/2008 servers and associated databases.
- Manage SQL Server and database administration activities such as backup and recovery, instancing, creation and modification of maintenance plans
- Lifecycle and capacity planning
- Recognizing, correcting and preventing performance issues and contention
- Security enforcement and proper documentation of changes
- Ensures security and design features are in accordance with industry best practices and DOD mandates requirements
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of T-SQL, clustered and non-clustered indexing, performance tuning
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Customer service focus
- Outstanding communication skills required
- Associate Degree in related technical field
- Over 5 years experience required
- MCTS Certification for SQL Server 2008 required
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify